Model Notes: The stock model continues to track the market well. Big cap stocks seem to be trending up now. The gold model bought the dip with a theoretical signal price (TSP) of 119.80 (GLD basis). We bought just before the Brussels terrorist attack. Can a non-linear system sometimes predict a market dislocation like this? After the 911 attacks (I was in the industry then) I would have to say such attacks can be foreshadowed by buying or selling by market participants who are in the “loop” (I.E. in on it). The event would seem to be a deterrent to aggressive selling of the yellow metal.
March Rotations: Core Gold, Featured: S&P 500.
Model Portfolio Signals: GLD buy 3/17 (TSP=119.80), S&P 500 buy on 3/08 (TSP= 1989.26)
Note: TSP is calculated by using the closing price of the trading day after the signal day. It is more realistic for trading calculations/evaluations.
Nonlinear Trading Themes:
- Gold (Mar. core market) The last several weeks of gold trading have featured some pretty hefty down days, but the sellers have not moved the market lower in March than February. There is some strength here. The models are positive.
- S&P 500 (Mar. feature): The S&P 500 is now trending up. Today’s terror attacks have not generated enough selling for a reversal yet. US equities may gain a sort of “safe haven” status for money. The stock model is still positive.
Note: Non linear trading theme comments are based on interpretations of non-linear trading models, combined with chart price action (technical analysis).
- I am now offering reasonable rates to institutional clients. Click on the ‘Fees’ tab for more info. I have a limited number of slots to fill.
- With deflationary forces becoming more dominant, top level, successful, investment strategies are going to become more reliant on ‘activity’ (trading). Check out ConquerTheMummy.com for trading signals that help!
- Remember: Nonlinear trading analysis is “insider knowledge” (non-apparent) for standard technical analysis.
- The post-mortems for the recent US dollar and the VIX featured markets have been posted. To view it select the “Forex” or “US Equity” tabs (respectively) on ConquerTheMummy.com.
GH Garrett – Veteran Market Watcher for ConquertheMummy.com © 2015-2016, “Nonlinear signals that matter in gold (and wheat) trading.”