Model Notes: The gold models seem to be playing the range, while the S&P models are undecided. Though we don’t know what the short TSP on gold signal will be , initially it looks like a positive position is being closed out.
Additional: In the past, I featured Gold (in the form of the GLD fund) as a non-rotational signal chart on Conquerthemummy.com postings. I am changing the status from non-rotational to “core.” The effect is that I will be posting signal charts for gold on odd numbered months, and wheat for even months
Featured market rotation: S&P for January! Core market is gold.
Model Portfolio Signals: (Gold, GLD basis) Sell signal = 1/06 (TSP=waiting).The $S&P is Neutral.
Note: TSP is calculated by using the closing price of the trading day after the signal day. It is more realistic for trading calculations.
Nonlinear Trading Themes:
- Gold (current core market): Gold has received quite a kick start this new year with the China sell off, the North Korean nuclear test and the considerable rift in major rival Islamic sects. The models are now selling into strength (maybe thinking “what else could go wrong?”). Technically, the models are playing the range, selling the latest breakout. The model gold portfolio is now short.
- S&P 500 (Jan. featured market): The selling is not yet over but it is unclear that we will go significantly lower either. The models don’t seem to be in the mood to pile on (meaning go with) the breakouts. The S&P model is flat.
Note: Non linear trading theme comments are based on interpretations of non-linear trading models, combined with chart price action (technical analysis).
- I am now offering a more a la carte fee system for CTM research. Purchasers can now mix and match signals on various symbols that are currently available. Click on the ‘Fees’ tab for more info.
- With deflationary forces becoming more dominant, top level, successful, investment strategies are going to become more reliant on ‘activity’ (trading). Check out ConquerTheMummy.com for trading signals that help!
- Remember: Nonlinear trading analysis is “insider knowledge” (non-apparent) for standard technical analysis.
- The post-mortems for the recent US dollar and the VIX featured markets have been posted. To view it select the “Forex” or “US Equity” tabs (respectively) on ConquerTheMummy.com.
GH Garrett – Veteran Market Watcher for ConquertheMummy.com © 2015, “Nonlinear signals that matter in gold trading.”