System Notes: The gold signal goes flat after four days short. This is good from a system standpoint, as it indicates the indicators have the flexibility to get out of a position that is acting dubious (as opposed to hanging on and getting throttled). Equity models are preforming well, current prices are positive versus their recent signals.
Featured market rotation: Equities for August, US Dollar for September and Bonds for October. Gold is non-rotational.
Model Portfolios: Gold = Flat= 8/17 (new signal), S&P 500= Buy 7/27, VIX= Sell 7/27
Nonlinear Trading Themes:
- Gold: The gold model played the sell-the-breakout card (8/11), but covered today. Technically, if you fade a breakout you want the market to show weakness relatively soon. The model gold portfolio is now flat today.
- S&P 500 (August Featured Market): Largecaps are now at the top of the past two-week trading range. The Mummy is looking for higher prices. A close above 2120 (SPX basis) would be a good start. The S&P 500 portfolio is still bullish.
- $VIX (S&P volatility) (August Featured Market): The VIX actually closed up a few cents on a day the S&P 500 rose almost 10 points (not normal). This thing is trading like staggered boxer who has been punched too much. The volatility index will only get true direction when the S&P 500 does. I am looking for lower values. VIX portfolio is still bearish.
Note: Technical analysis comments are based on interpretations of non-linear trading models, combined with chart price action.
- Bond Trading Signals. I am offering a similar Mummy process for Treasuries. See the “Bond Trading Signals” tab for more info. Currently available.
- Currency Trading Signals. I am now offering a similar Mummy process for currencies. This service will involve two signal paths, one on the US dollar and the other on a user selected second currency (1+1).The fee will be the same as the Bond trading signals. Currently available.
- We now offer S&P 500 signals (along with the choppy $VIX). This index is a mainstay among financial participants and traders around the world. Sign-up for exclusive signals to give you the edge. Currently available.
GH Garrett – Veteran Commodity Watcher for ConquertheMummy.com © 2015, “Nonlinear signals that matter in gold trading.”